[c-nsp] Maximum spannig tree instances

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Tue Jul 21 17:33:19 EDT 2009

The Cisco 7600/sup720 12.2SR releases only supports the original 50K/10K
limit in 12.2SXF.

I have 6500/sup720 and 7600/sup720 running much higher virtual-port
loads under 12.2SXF using MST.  I tried to get the BUs to re-test the
STP capacity limits via our account team, but there wasn't a lot of
interest. The 7600 BU may decide to add the 12.2SXI STP scalability
enhancements to a 12.2SR release at a later date.

show vlan virtual-port

Slot 1
-------
Total slot virtual ports 7482