[c-nsp] SMS Server

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Wed Jul 22 10:16:29 EDT 2009

On 22/07/2009 14:59, Mohammad Khalil wrote:
> what i need to setup SMS server ??
> for example in case of any event (critical one obtained through log) i want SMS to be sent from a server to a certain list of mobile numbers

You need an SMS capable terminal and some software to drive it from your
monitoring box.  I rather like the Siemens MC35i units with the external
antenna.  They are very solid and reliable little boxes, with a serial
interface and a magnetic antenna which holds very well to cabinets.

In terms of driver software, this will depend on your choice of operating
system and monitoring system.

Nick