[c-nsp] BGP failover for two traffic types

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jul 23 09:10:53 EDT 2009

On (2009-07-22 19:54 -0400), Adam Greene wrote:

> I've toyed with the idea of trying to use VRF for this application,
> but I'm pretty new to it and don't know if it's really a viable
> approach.

MTR[0], Multi-topology routing is intended for for establishing separate
topologies based on DSCP/prec, so may be suited for your requirements.
Personally, I'd just buy enough VoIP quality capacity. General wisdom
is that VoIP has really strict requirements for network quality, personally
I think VoIP is very lenient on network quality, and if VoIP won't fly
over circuit, I'd be unhappy ssh user over it also.

[0] http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sr/12_2srb/feature/guide/srmtrdoc.html

--
  ++ytti