[c-nsp] BGP failover for two traffic types

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Thu Jul 23 11:45:02 EDT 2009

Are the VOICE and DATA traffic going to distinct servers? If that's the
case, you can tweak the BGP route selection policy on the CE router. See
this article for an example (not too far off from what you're looking for):

http://www.nil.com/ipcorner/ScalablePolicyRouting/

If you cannot distinguish VOICE and DATA based on destination addresses,
policy routing is the next obvious option (we all love to hate). OER might
also work, but I haven't worked with it enough to have an informed opinion
(another technology way too long on my to-do list).

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/