[c-nsp] MTU wierdness

Aaron Millisor aaron.millisor at cniteam.com
Fri Jul 24 09:08:25 EDT 2009

It is likely that you have configured an SVI or a VLAN on the 6509 for
9216 already.

If any VLAN that crosses the switchport is 9216, then you can't adjust
the MTU of the port to a value below 9216.

Do a 'show vlan' and also check all the SVI's for an MTU higher than
1504, then either reduce the MTU in those locations or I think you could
also restrict the large VLAN from being sent on the trunk

--
Aaron Millisor