[c-nsp] CISCO AS5300 Shuts Down Abruptly

Teddy A. teddy.asrat at africaonline.co.sz
Wed Jul 29 17:07:35 EDT 2009

Hi, I have been struggling with this issue for almost 10 days now. I have a
Cisco AS5300 which is being used as an NAS for Dialup and ISDN clients. A
few days back it shut down abruptly and I had to pull out the power cord
from the back and plug it back in again to start it up, since then now it is
shutting down every 5min or so. I have tried to connect the console cable
and monitor to see if there are any error logs or anything it shows before
going down, but there is nothing, it just dies.

I have tried to strip it down and clean everything, the fans the modems, the
PRI cards, everything, but the problem is still the same. It even does is
with everything disconnected. I have tried to reload the IOS and have erased
all the configurations to no avail.

Don't know what is wrong, or what to do next? Please help .

Kind Regards,

Teddy A.