[c-nsp] Balancing T1's with CEF

Security Team cisco at peakpeak.com
Thu Jul 30 08:12:34 EDT 2009

Hi Rodney:

I get errors on the commands:

#config t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
(config)#ip cef account load per pre hash
                                     ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

(config)#ip cef account load per prehash
                                    ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

It DID take this one OK though:

(config)#ip cef account load per pre

#show ip cef x.y.z.0 internal
X.y.z.0/24, version 2739, epoch 0, attached, per-destination sharing
0 packets, 0 bytes
  via Serial1/1/0, 0 dependencies
    traffic share 1
    valid adjacency (0x43E8C140)
  via Serial1/1/3, 0 dependencies
    traffic share 1
    valid adjacency (0x43E8C440)
  via Serial1/0/0/12:0, 0 dependencies
    traffic share 1
    valid adjacency (0x43E8B9C0)

  0 packets, 0 bytes switched through the prefix
  tmstats: external 0 packets, 0 bytes
           internal 0 packets, 0 bytes
  Load distribution: 0 1 2 0 1 2 0 1 2 0 1 2 0 1 2 (refcount 1)

  Hash  OK  Interface                 Address         Packets
  1     Y   Serial1/1/0               point2point           0
  2     Y   Serial1/1/3               point2point           0
  3     Y   Serial1/0/0/12:0          point2point           0
  4     Y   Serial1/1/0               point2point           0
  5     Y   Serial1/1/3               point2point           0
  6     Y   Serial1/0/0/12:0          point2point           0
  7     Y   Serial1/1/0               point2point           0
  8     Y   Serial1/1/3               point2point           0
  9     Y   Serial1/0/0/12:0          point2point           0
  10    Y   Serial1/1/0               point2point           0
  11    Y   Serial1/1/3               point2point           0
  12    Y   Serial1/0/0/12:0          point2point           0
  13    Y   Serial1/1/0               point2point           0
  14    Y   Serial1/1/3               point2point           0
  15    Y   Serial1/0/0/12:0          point2point           0

I'll send the rest of the stuff off list if that's OK, it's huge anyway.

I should mention that at this point the traffic to their site is really low
so I can't tell if it is happening right now.

Thanks,
CJ