[c-nsp] problem creating a static on Pix

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 18:43:31 EDT 2009

Your access list need to have the OUTSIDE address in it, as this is what will be in the packets arriving on the outside interface of your PIX eg:

access-list acl-outside permit ip any host 206.x.x.77 eq 80

This URL:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080133ddd.shtml
http://tinyurl.com/8vrj

lists the order of operation that happen on the PIX. You can see that for outside-to-inside the access-list is step 3 and the NAT happens at step 6. This means that the ACL is checked before any NAT happens and so the packets will still have the outside address in them (they haven'tbeen NAT'ed yet).

regards,
Tony.