[c-nsp] hung vty on SXH3a?

Kris Amy Kris.Amy at EIP.net.au
Wed Jun 3 04:59:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have something similar on a 7200 running 12.3(24a).

    Line       User       Host(s)              Idle       Location
   2 vty 0                idle                    14w6d A.B.C.D

I just haven't got around to reloading the router as this seems the only way to clear the vty.

Cheers,
Kris

On 3/06/09 6:47 PM, "Gert Doering" <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:29:59AM +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> > - "vty 0" looks weird.  I can't find a way to recover that vty, that is
> > "clear line 1" or "clear line vty 0" don't change anything.  Nor is there
> > a TCB assigned to it ("show tcp vty 1" shows my telnet connection, but
> > "show tcb vty 0" doesn't display anything).
>
> I've seen this on a 3560 when I tried running an exec command needing
> user input via TFTP uploaded configuration. (Specifically I tried to do
> a "do delete flash:/something" as a test.)

Mmmh.  I'm not sure what my colleagues tried - I just found the box in
this state...

> The session never recovered and only a hard reset (power off) could fix
> it. The "reload" command didn't work. It was accepted, but nothing
> happened. Needless to say, I just went on with my life and ignored
> this. :-)

Now *that* is scary.  Sounds something really got stuck on your box.

Well.  Time to reload, and upgrade to SXI...

> No strange commands were present in the "new_config.txt" copied over?

It wasn't *my* new_config.txt, otherwise all the other SXH3a boxes would
be in the same funny state now as well (and they aren't).  Just two of
them...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de