[c-nsp] hung vty on SXH3a?

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Jun 8 22:39:08 EDT 2009

Have you tried the SNMP approach?

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Gert Doering
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:16 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] hung vty on SXH3a?

Hi,

so far, we have been quite happy with SXH3a, but today two of our boxes
have started playing games with me...  notably, the command we use to
auto-upload ACLs etc

   rcp new_config.txt router:running-config

started to fail with "rcp: running-config: No such file or directory".

On other boxes, it works "as usual".  All the "ip rcmd" config is present
and sane.

The only thing that looks different is this:

Cisco#who
    Line       User       Host(s)              Idle       Location
   1 vty 0                Virtual Exec         00:00:00
*  2 vty 1     gert       idle                 00:00:00 mgmthost

  Interface      User        Mode                     Idle     Peer Address

Cisco#

- "vty 0" looks weird.  I can't find a way to recover that vty, that is
"clear line 1" or "clear line vty 0" don't change anything.  Nor is there
a TCB assigned to it ("show tcp vty 1" shows my telnet connection, but
"show tcb vty 0" doesn't display anything).

So... is this a known bug in SXH3a?  Is there a way to reclaim that VTY
without rebooting?

(I've also tried configuring "transport input none" under "line vty 0",
and to completely disable "ip rcmd ..." to get rid of the session, but no
change either).

gert

//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany