[c-nsp] IPV6 implementation

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Wed Jun 3 11:09:11 EDT 2009

Renelson Panosky <panocisco77 at gmail.com> writes:

> I am getting ready to start running IPV6 on my core routers, i have a couple
> questions for the people who already have IPV6 running
>
> 1. Should I let computers determine their own IPV6 addresses ?

Yes and no. For end user computers I would use SLAC (or maybe DCHPv6), for
servers, printers, ... static addresses

> 2. Should I procure IPV6 DHCP Appliance ?
>
> or
>
> 3. Should i configure my router to act as the IPV6 DHCP Servers?

Well that depends on how big your network is and if you have one group
managing DHCP and the other managing the routers. A *NIX (or Windows)
Sever will work just fine, it's more transparent, easier to troubleshoot
and yo probably get security updates faster.

cheers

Jens