[c-nsp] data corruption erros on the 7606 sup-720

Andy Saykao andy.saykao at staff.netspace.net.au
Mon Jun 8 21:48:30 EDT 2009

Anybody come across data corruption erros on the 7606 sup-720 before?
What's causing them? Are they bad or can we live with them????

Eg:

router-1#sh data-corruption
Data inconsistency records for:
s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version
12.2(18)SXF16, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Compiled Tue 03-Mar-09 23:54 by kellythw

Count           Traceback
  112920        40E36158, 4045D590 40E36158 40E36EFC 40E49340 40E3B3D8
40EB04B4 40E8F3B0
               1: May 13 19:10:42.989
               2: May 13 19:10:42.989
               3: May 13 19:10:42.993
          112920: Jun  9 01:40:38.250

We're using IOS s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF16.bin

We're only seeing these data corrpuption errors on this particular
hardware platform and IOS. We've got other 7606s deployed but these are
sup-32's instead and do not show any data corruption errors.

Thanks.

Andy

Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Please note that
 any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
 author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any