[c-nsp] BGP -> OSPF (Or another way?)

mb at adv.gcomm.com.au mb at adv.gcomm.com.au
Tue Jun 9 19:05:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

We are receiving a /24 from one of our upstreams, that we need to
redistribute into our IGP (OSPF), so that all of our cores are aware
that they can reach this /24 primarily through this upstream(Then, if
this upstream is down, traffic destined to this /24 would go via our
other upstreams)

I know redistributing bgp->ospf is considered a bad idea, but other
than adding a static route, is there another option?

Under ospf would it be
redistribute bgp xxx route-map SUBNET_TO_INJECT_FROM_BGP

With the above route maps acl only allowing the /24 we are interested in?

Thanks in advance.