[c-nsp] 3750E and X2-10GB-ZR compatibility?

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Thu Jun 11 06:54:20 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 03:52:13PM +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> Just a quick question: The 3750E doesn't support X2-10GB-ZR
> tranceivers[1], only up to ER. Using "service unsupported-transceiver" I
> can get the switch to recognize the transceiver, but will I be able to
> get a link with it?

There is nothing special about the X2-ZR units, they are fully compliant
with X2 spec, just have longer reach. Lack of "support" means there's no
entry in your IOS for ZR - but it was already added into 12.2(50)SE.

So either upgrade to 12.2(50)SE2 or use service unsupported-transceiver
in your present IOS and everything will work as expected. We're using
them in production with 12.2(44)SE1 for several months already.

   With kind regards,

       M.