[c-nsp] 3750 running jumbo frames ?

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jun 11 09:44:14 EDT 2009

We have the need to run two 3750 switches with jumbo frames (9000),
for a high performance data transfer application.  Both switches will
be manages by connections to a NON-JUMBO frame environment.   (That
is, if this will work)

If I enable jumbo frames (which is a global change) and leave the
management interface MTU at 1500 so the switch will use 1500 as packet
size for all management, is there any NEGATIVE ISSUES I should be
aware because of them being connected to the non-jumbo environment?

Thanks for any help,

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University