[c-nsp] full routing table / provider-class chassis

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sat Jun 13 07:20:35 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-12 22:52, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> No netflow, no uRPF, no multicast, no IPv6, no BFD, no MPLS, no ACLs
> in the forwarding plane.  Very basic OSPF, BGP, and MSTP.  About 2000
> VLANs, 80% of which have associated layer 3 SVIs.

Something is killing the CPU with that config though, just as Roland
remarked. You should escalate that with TAC, or use CoPP to lower the
load RP is taking and look for root cause.

> On the other hand, I have other 6500s with identical hardware
> inventory and almost identical config where performance is a complete
> non-issue.  I've seen a 6500 in a near-optimal situation switch
> 2-3Mpps.  I'll believe 30Mpps when I see a 7200 NPE-G1 hit 1Mpps :)

A couple of people on this list claimed they have 6500s doing a
200-300Mpps without a problem, search the archives. I'm logged via SSH
to a 6500 that is doing over 80Mpps right now and load stays at 2-5%,
with ACLs, uRPF, three full BGP feeds and some QoS.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end. |                  Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end. |       http://lukasz.bromirski.net