[c-nsp] 6500/SUP32 - RP ROMMON upgrade?

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Sun Jun 14 20:07:14 EDT 2009

The key issue with the boot image is being able to access the flash device
where the real image exists. A number of devices, ie Majority, no longer
need this but in the past upgrading to an ATA Flash card / disk0:, from
linear flash / slot0: meant that you needed a boot image that could support
the flash. The 7500 is an absolute for having the two in sync.

6500 MSFC3 ROMMON
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/rommon/OL_4497.htm

David

--