[c-nsp] Link state propagation / remote port shutdown with EoMPLS on 6500

John fraglet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:41:53 EDT 2009

Hi All
Im playing around with EoMPLS on 6500`s w/SUP720-3b and 6700 line cards...
No ES hardware.

Everything seems fine, performance is good, scales ok for what we need, what
I`m failing to do is get link state propagation or remote port shutdown to
work.

Anybody have any pointers on this..

Our config is very basic port mode xconnects..

interface GigabitEthernet1/12
 mtu 1560
 no ip address
 xconnect 192.168.1.1 2007 pw-class TEST#1

I notice that in conf mode under the xconnect config you can enter "remote
link failure notification" this seems to be enabled by default, but doesnt
seem to do anything..

I imagine that I need to configure some OAM or CFM or similar, but am at a
loss as to how, anyone thats already done it?

Any help gratefully accepted