[c-nsp] L2TPv3 and VLANs

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:09:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Benny Amorsen<benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> "Paul Stewart" <paul at paulstewart.org> writes:

> Generally problems with PMTU are caused by people blocking ICMP in their
> (usually PIX/ASA) firewalls. If you control the whole path, you can make
> sure that you're not one of the culprits.

For the topic of PMTUD blackhole, today evening I wrote up a little bit here:
http://supportwiki.cisco.com/wiki/index.php/PMTUD_blackhole

The aim was to get something that would not only be a collection of
links to the multipage documents, but would also give a quick summary
for the PMTUD. - and also try to view it from both the "network guy"
and "security guy" point of view - and to hopefully get the two to
talk as opposed to fight on who is "right".

Whether I achieved that - you judge. so, any comments, constructive
flames, etc. are very welcome. As it's wiki, it's obviously editable
as well.

cheers,
andrew