[c-nsp] Cisco 4900M onboard X2 and twingig convertors

James Edmondson biged7600 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:02:32 EDT 2009

They do not, i have 24 of them up in production, you have to use the half
cards.  I was unsure of this as well and had to work with my Cisco Rep to
verify this before buying them.  Documentation below must be updated it
shows Table 1, that the Twin Gig is only supported on the 8 port and 10
gig Ethernet half cards.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6021/ps9310/Data_Sheet_Cat_4900M.html

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Sam Stickland <
sam_mailinglists at spacething.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone able to confirm whether the onboard X2 slots on the 4900M support
> the twin-gig modules?
>
> Some of the documentation suggests they are only supported on the 8-Port
> (2:1) 10 Gigabit Ethernet (X2) Half Card, but I haven't seen any that
> definitively rules out there use on the onboard slots.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

James