[c-nsp] SNMP MIB for EVC monitoring (Ruzhanskaya Olga)

Ольга Ружанская frosya84 at mail.ru
Tue Jun 23 09:29:25 EDT 2009

Hello List!

In our MPLS network we are planning to deploy "scalable EoMPLS" instead of "EoMPLS based on PFC (subinterfaces)".
For example, we had:
  interface gigabitethernet <ID>.subint
   encapsulation dot1q <vlanID>
   xconnect <remote loopback> <VC ID> encapsulation mpls

and we want to deploy:
   interface gigabitethernet <ID>.
     service instance <ID> ethernet
     encapsulation dot1q <vlanID>
     rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
     xconnect <remote loopback> <VC ID> encapsulation mpls

The main platform - 7600 (RSP720), IOS 12.2(33)SRC4.
Currently, there is no CISCO-EVC-MIB support for this IOS, and we have no opportunity to test other IOS (SRD, for example) on production network.

So, the question: does anyone have already tried to monitor the traffic load via these MIB (CISCO-EVC-MIB )? Or maybe there are other ways?

Best regards,
Olga