[c-nsp] WS-X6724+CFC and ES20 line cards

victor vitya at list.ru
Wed Jun 24 08:37:43 EDT 2009

Hello
Regarding Cisco 7600 platform what is the difference between WS-X6724+CFC
and ES20 line cards? I found some specs about latter but nothing useful
about X6724.
The problem that I'm facing now is with given small ISP network blueprint
to implement and the lack of some specified parts. I.e. I need two
mentioned ES20 to build a domain to interconnect 2 Cisco 7600 with 2
BRASes, 2 BRs and 2 c3750 switches for servers. Right now I only have two
WS-X6724 and no ES20.
On the positive side on  each WS-X6724 I'm going to use no more than 8
ports. The rest is not populated so is it a good idea to use them for my
purpose?

wbr
Victor