[c-nsp] PIX/ASA Change Control

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jun 26 04:27:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

> Like Ryan said, clogin takes care of it.  The only problem I've run into
> is with v8.2 of the ASA code.  Some nimrod programmer thought it would

yes - I've been reading those threads (the joy of the internet eh? ;-) )
which is why I was wondering about a special script...

> had a chance to apply it just yet.  If anyone wants the BugID so you can
> request the fixed image from TAC let me know; it hasn't been rolled into
> a publicly-accessible interim release yet.

ok, thanks for the update

> Other than that RANCID is fantastic.  I unleash RANCID on my equipment
> once an hour.  In a way it's also like a TripWire check for my network
> devices.  If something changes that I know I didn't change then I have
> cause to investigate.  This actually led me to discover a compromised

oh i know. I love RANCID a lot - we have it doing all of our systems
so i get to see interesting VLAN changes generally before a helpdesk call
even gets in  :-)

alan