[c-nsp] Deliver a L2 MTU circuit of 1530

Rens rens at autempspourmoi.be
Wed Mar 4 09:10:46 EST 2009

Hi all,

I would want to know of my logic makes sense.

Customer side A <=> SWITCH L2 <=> ROUTER <=> L2TPv3 cloud <=> ROUTER <=>
SWITCH L2 <=> Customer side B

So I would configure QinQ on my switch and this would arrive on my router
via dot1q subinterface and with an xconnect to the other router and out
again with dot1q subinterface and QinQ towards the customer.

If my customer demands a L2 MTU of 1530 which IP should I need between my 2
routers towards the L2TPv3 cloud.

I calculate like this:

Customer 1530 + 8 bytes for my QinQ + 42 bytes for my L2TPv3

So my minimum MTU between my 2 routers should be minimum 1580 so they
wouldn't fragment?

Any feedback is welcome.

Regards,

Rens