[c-nsp] Redundant SUP32-10G

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Mar 5 06:02:52 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 11:33 +0200, Konstantin Barinov wrote:
> Please help me to understand, if there are redundant SUP32-10GE's
> in chassis, is it possible to use all 4 10G ports at wire speed
> simultaneously?

Assuming the Sup32 can do wire speed on these ports at all, then yes,
each port should be able to deliver 10G connectivity, and both
supervisor's ports are at your disposal in a redundant setup.

This doesn't mean that you can have the box take 10G in one port and
send all 10G out another port though, not even on the same supervisor.

> What type of interconnection do supervisors use between them?

Regular bus, so inter-sup capacity is limited by this "32 Gbps"
bottleneck shared with all other traffic in the box.

Regards,
Peter