[c-nsp] Redundant SUP32-10G

Håvard Nyhus hnyhus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:00:25 EST 2009

> Please help me to understand, if there are redundant SUP32-10GE's
> in chassis, is it possible to use all 4 10G ports at wire speed
> simultaneously? What type of interconnection do supervisors use
> between them?

All four ports can be used at the same time - however, they will be
oversubscribed 2:1 on each supervisor. There is also a limit at 15mpps
ipv4 traffic (64-byte packets).

The SUP32 connects to the classic bus - that is the shared 32gbps bus,
which is also used between the two supervisors. This means that a
SUP32-system cannot forward more than 32gbps in total, no matter which
linecards you use.

--
Håvard Staub Nyhus