[c-nsp] 12.2 SXI, 12.2 SRC route-map question.

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Thu Mar 5 20:54:57 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am banging my head against the wall with a particular route-map, and I'm
seriously wondering if I drank the stupidity kool-aid today.  I'm testing a
route-map between two BGP speakers, a 7600 running 12.2(33)SRC1 and an ME6524
running 12.2(33)SXI, and for the life of me I cannot get either to match based
on a defined community.  The matching is done for inbound prefixes.  Outbound
prefixes from the peer are not filtered, and are visible as (received) when
soft-reconfiguration is configured.  The specific community below is one of
several that may accompany a route.

Here is a sample, stripping out the identifying details:

(two sample routes, 1.1.1.0/24 and 2.2.2.0/24)

- snip -

ip community-list TEST-COMMUNITY 65000:1234

ip prefix-list TEST-PREFIX-LIST permit 1.1.1.1/24

route-map TEST-IN permit 100
  match ip address prefix-list TEST-PREFIX-LIST

route-map TEST-IN permit 200
  match community TEST-COMMUNITY
  set local-pref 90

route-map TEST-IN deny 999
  desc The End.

- snip -

The first route, 1.1.1.1/24 is received and entered into the RIB successfully.
The second, which should be matched based on community, is not.  It is listed as
received, but that's all.

What the heck am I missing?

-- Stephen