[c-nsp] Open Source solution to deploy a radius server against Cisco devices?

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Mon Mar 9 12:52:38 EDT 2009

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> +1 for Radiator.  It's not opensource as the original poster requested,
>> but it's certainly a solid and flexible radius server.
>
> it is Open Source, its just not free.  you, as a user are free to
> look at the source code...
>
> please dont confuse 'open source' with 'free software', GPL , BSD, etc

This really isnt the time and place, but to prevent any confusion:

Open Source has an official meaning and definition, which I believe the
thread is referring to, as opposed to any other informal or incorrect
meaning of the phrase.

http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd

Source Available does not mean Open Source.

> that said, their licence is onorous and feels like its a verbatim
> shrink-wrap EULA rather than dealing with what you get.  does reading
> their PERL mean I am disassembling it?

Doesnt sound like it is Open Source by any definition.