[c-nsp] Stopping VTP on a specific port

Arda Balkanay ardabalkanay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:33:19 EDT 2009

hi ,
does QinQ make sense ?
make switchport mode dot1q tunnel and assign a vlan (access vlan X as outer
vlan) and disable l2protocol tunnelling (to not carry cdp, stp like
information at customer vlans, you may also partially block l2 protocols)
if you are at the middle of a L2 point to point service QinQ can make sense
this way.
If you are terminating vlans which comes via trunk of customer you will need
special hardware (like 7600 and ES20 or SIP400) to terminate QinQ at ip
interface.