[c-nsp] T3 fixed when cables are reseated..

billw at waveform.net billw at waveform.net
Thu Mar 12 11:38:52 EDT 2009

I've seen this a few times in the past with loose connectors. The cause
has generally been either a loose connection on the center pin (usually in
the connector on the card, but sometimes the crimp on the center pin of
the connector isn't tight enough onto the center conductor of the cable).
Occasionally it's a loose ferrule on the connector but that's rare. I have
seen connectors that have a strand or two of the shield that make
intermittent contact to the center pin to cause a short.

Many of these loose connector problems magically disappear when the
connector is either unplugged/replugged or is just "wiggled a little". The
problem is that over time the loose connector will fail again so the real
solution has been to either replace the problem cable or cut off the bad
connector and put on a new one.

  -Bill