[c-nsp] Interworking on 6500s

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Fri Mar 13 05:04:17 EDT 2009

I believe that layer 2 local switching is not supported on LAN cards
such as yours on your platform,

Can I just ask why you would want to do such a thing ?

Connecting two ports can be achieved by bridging them together (vlan),
you can preserve 802.1q tags with dot1qtunnelling and allow many BPDUs
to pass transparently without the device intervening using
l2protocoltunnel (l2pt)

If you wish to interwork from tagged to untagged, you could use use the
"native" vlan on a bridged pair (as above) to achieve this.

Dave.