[c-nsp] Sending connected number from AS5350

McDonald Richards mcdonald.richards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 20:42:47 EDT 2009

This is fairly common policy for a telco and I think you are probably
heading in the wrong direction with your analysis. The calling party IE is
sent in the ISDN setup message. You should use translation profiles on the
SIP leg of the call to normalise the calling party number as the call hits
the gateway and present the expected format to your provider.

Here's a sample configuration on how to overstamp incoming calls from a
customer assuming you use a digit prepend or similar to identify them on
your gateway (in this case the digit prepend being 00022):

voice translation-profile OVERSTAMP-CUSTOMER-A
 translate calling 100
!

voice translation-rule 100
 rule 1 /^.*/ /$customer_number/
!

dial-peer 100
 description incoming calls from customer-a
 translation-profile incoming OVERSTAMP-CUSTOMER-A
 incoming called-number 00022.T

The above config snippets will take any number coming in that matches
dial-peer 100 and set the calling-party to whatever you have entered in
$customer_number. Using this you can present your provider the correct
numbers and preserve CLI integrity.