[c-nsp] Sending connected number from AS5350

Andreas Sikkema ASikkema at office.unet.nl
Thu Mar 12 12:20:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've got a Cisco AS5350XM connected to a couple of ISDN30s from one of the
local telcos. The 5350 converts ISDN to SIP and vice versa. Some of our
customers on the SIP side have complained that every now and then when
they are called from the PSTN side the calling party sees the "main
number" of our ISDN lines appear instead of the called number when the
call has been answered.

The telco apparently has the policy that they will send out the line
number when we don't provide the connected number or overwrite it when we
send an "illegal" number. The only thing the telco so far has offered us
is to set presentation to not allowed for all outgoing connected numbers
which will solve the presentation of the line number but might give some
calling parties the wrong impression.

The problem is that I haven't been able to find a way make our 5350 send a
"connected number" IE on the ISDN side. (isdn outgoing ie connected-number
hasn't yet solved the problem as far as I can see).

Is there a way to force the 5350 to send a connected number IE for
instance when receiving an UPDATE message or on receipt of a 200 OK
message? The only logging a debug isdn q931 will give on a CONNECT message
being sent is this:
Mar 12 16:28:10.935: ISDN Se3/5:15 Q931: TX -> CONNECT pd = 8  callref =
0xF001

Or am I way off track and should be looking at something else?

--
Andreas Sikkema