[c-nsp] Sub-int based EoMPLS on a 6700 series LC in a 7600

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 17 03:21:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:46:05PM -0500, Justin Shore wrote:
> both ends and is the default 1500; I'm thinking that I need to raise
> this for one thing, to support the 1Q trunk over EoMPLS.  Or does MPLS
> auto-adjust for the higher MTU?

For basic subif-based EoMPLS, the MTU will still be 1500 (the Q will be
stripped off and re-added - so there's no need to use the same VLAN tag
on both ends either).  The "standard" ethernet header will automagically
be taken into account.

If you do interface based EoMPLS and want to transport VLAN-tagged frames,
you need to increase the MTU to 1504.

[..]
> One question that was raised is if the core-facing interface had to be
> fancy WAN interfaces.
[..]
> Do I have to have WAN ints for the core-facing links?

Not on the 7613.  Dunno about the ME boxes.

(We do EoMPLS over 6408A-GBIC, 6724-SFP and 6704-10GE cards, never had any
problem with it)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de