[c-nsp] Names of various cisco operating systems

Fri Mar 20 12:07:13 EDT 2009

All,

I should clarify. I have access to all these types of devices, that's
why I'm adding the support to SNMP:Info in the first place :)

"Cisco Firewall Services Module Version 3.2(10)" strikes me as just a
description of the device, rather than containing an operating system name.

A Catalyst 4948 runs 'IOS', an Cat5500 ran 'CatOS', but an FWSM simply
runs 'Version 3.2(10)'? Does the operating system itself actually have
an offical name on these platforms? (e.g. once upon a time PIX's ran
Finesse)

Sam