[c-nsp] Strange OC3 issue between GSR and old POSIP card in 7507

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Mar 25 15:42:27 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 15:03:34 Bill Wichers wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas? I've already checked light levels, CRC (set
> the same on both ends - CRC16), clocking is line on one end, internal on
> the other, all the other settings are identical on both ends. What is
> happening right now is that the line shows "up" on both ends, but line
> protocol is going up/down on about 20 second cyles:

One quick question: is this your own dark fiber, or through a SONET ADM, or
through a service provider?  Interestingly enough, the recommendation for dark
fiber is internal clocking on both ends.

Also note that the quad OC3 line cards in the 12000 have some limitations as
to clocking individual ports.

Also, what IOS versions are you running?
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer