[c-nsp] Strange OC3 issue between GSR and old POSIP card in 7507

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Wed Mar 25 16:19:56 EDT 2009

> One quick question: is this your own dark fiber, or through a SONET
ADM,
> or
> through a service provider?  Interestingly enough, the recommendation
for
> dark
> fiber is internal clocking on both ends.
>
> Also note that the quad OC3 line cards in the 12000 have some
limitations
> as
> to clocking individual ports.

It's a jumper, maybe 10m long. The routers are in adjacent bays. That's
one of the things that was making me crazy -- there is no carrier in the
link at all. I'll try internal clocking on both ends. Seems strange that
way but it's worth a shot.

> Also, what IOS versions are you running?

12.0(32)S7 on the GSR, 12.2(6a) on the 7507.

  -Bill