[c-nsp] Cisco and Foundry and MST

Nick Griffin nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:48:16 EDT 2009

I'm working with a client that is migrating to Foundry from Cisco and they
need to have interoperability on STP between the two vendors. I usually try
to do MST when I can, usually in a cisco environment, so I'm pretty
comfortable with it. Does anyone have any experience getting the 2 to play
together? It's a critical environment, so minimal disruption is required.
There is a core 6500 that can connects to a number of Cisco access switches,
the Cisco 6500 also connects into the Foundry FESX switches. I wanted to go
ahead and enable MST on the core 6500, and then working my way to the access
layer (assuming the interoperability works just fine), and then the Foundry
boxes. Just looking for any pro-pointers here to try to avoid baptism by
fire! Thanks in advance.

Nick Griffin
Systems Consultant, CCIE R&S 17381