[c-nsp] Tracking bandwidth hogs ... any recommendations ?

Rich Davies rich.davies at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:14:02 EDT 2009

You can turn up a NetFlow server which is at times complex or time
consuming.   A quick/dirty way to find out who is causing your issue may be
just to enable "ip route-cache flow" on a L3 interface that his traffic is
flowing through, then doing "show ip cache flow" - if he's sending out a ton
of packets you may be able to catch it w/ this versus going the NetFlow
route (NetFlow is much much better but unless you have a ton of unix/linux
background getting the netflow collector/analyzer active may be a complex
chore in itself..)

FYI I saw that SolarWinds just put out a free/30 day demo NetFlow
collector/analyzer in the past few months you can try that for a quick Win32
NetFlow software solution to isolate this quick...

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/orion/nta/

Best of luck!

-Rich