[c-nsp] cisco problem over 500mbps per port, microburst ? queue ?

JJ JJ jjsurlenet at hotmail.fr
Sun Mar 29 03:19:40 EDT 2009

 Hi,

I am experementing per port limitation at 500mps on a Cisco 2960G 24 TCL. Uplink 1gbps port 24.

 When my bandwith goes over 500mps on 1 port (24), all my video streams thru port 24 goes down from 900kps to 200kps ! And i see a lot of DROPS in the port 24 statistics.

 Also i see that i still can read video at 900kps from port 1 to 8, while  24 is "overloaded" at 500mps.
 So the switch bandwith is ok, but the port 24 looks like too busy.
 Note that i changed the cisco switch for a Dlink gigabit switch, and had the  same problem !

 I do streaming video, and i read that microburst could be a problem.

This thread was open, but never been solved :

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/96188

What does Cisco recommends for this problem ? Can't a 2960G handle >500mps ?