[c-nsp] 7600 SNMP stats and processes issue

Mark Tech techconfig at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 09:15:01 EDT 2009

Hi
I have migrated an Ethernet customer connected from our 7206 (PE) to our new 7609 (PE) and I am now seeing some very strange SNMP interface results from the 7600. The graph itself looks very spikey and when for example a BGP change takes place the is a trough of about 20Mbps, then a peak of about 20Mbps, then a trough of about 20Mbps then back to normal.

The customer is only using about 60Mbps so its very obvious

Its almost as if SNMP is being low prioritised whilst other process i.e. BGP do their work. This is affecting us as the customer who monitors their own network is asking why our graphs look so different whereas before when they were connected to the VXR, they matched almost perfectly

My concern is that SNMP is not working as well as it should be which in turn will alter our results for 95 percentile customers etc

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Regards

Mark