[c-nsp] Nexus 7000 feedback

Ash Net ashnet2009 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:19:52 EDT 2009

Hello all,

we're considering deploying Nexus 7000 as the next Core/Aggregation switch
Platform in our Data Centers and looking for some feedback from individuals
who have had experiences with it. Specs and Featureset wise, the product
looks amazing and truly appears to have solved the 10Gig Aggregation
requirements of a Data Center upto an extent.

Any feedback in relation to the stability of the product and the NX-OS,
issues encountered during deployment and Post implementation/Daily
operations support, Integration of the Nexus with current Management systems
and any challenges encountered, interoperability with other Cisco switch
Platforms such at Cat6k, 4900 at Routing and Switching Layers (OSPF/EIGRP
Adjacencies/ STP/RPVST Interop), Dual Sup vs Single Sup configiurations,
ISSU, Netflow, Graceful Restart and VDC's

All feedback is welcome and would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Ash