[c-nsp] Nexus 5000?

Brad Hedlund brhedlun at cisco.com
Wed May 6 16:58:01 EDT 2009

On 5/6/09 1:39 PM, "Michael Balasko" <Michael.Balasko at cityofhenderson.com>
wrote:

> My understanding is that the current 5K line will NEVER do L3,
> but someone more internal to Cisco can confirm/rebuff that statement.

This is true.  Nexus 5000 is a low latency cut through switching
architecture.  High performance and low price per port 10G server access
connections is where Nexus 5000 was designed to fit, not to mention unified
server I/O.

> My pet peeve is that on the 5010's we bought you cannot assign an IP
> address to a VLAN for MGMT, you have to use the single (1) non-
> redundant dedicated copper management port.

Actually, you can assign an IP address to a VLAN for management.
First you need to enable 'feature interface-vlan'
>From there create an interface vlan for MGMT and assign it an IP address and
away you go.

Cheers,

Brad Hedlund