[c-nsp] inter-domain multicast with mvpn

Josh Fleishman josh.fleishman at gmail.com
Thu May 14 15:47:03 EDT 2009

I'm looking for some guidance regarding how to configure inter-domain
multicast between a mVPN and an external provider. Specifically, I have an
mVPN core running multiple mVPNs.  I want to enable multicast routing
between these mVPNs and a common external provider.  Conceptually, my
approach is to enable MBGP and MSDP peering sessions within each mVPN to the
external peer.  The external peer is not MDT or VRF aware.  I haven't been
able to find any documentation regarding this set-up.  Any suggestions or
pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh