[c-nsp] Wifi network and too many wifi users

Kaegler, Mike KaeglerM at tessco.com
Fri May 15 11:02:43 EDT 2009

On 5/14/09 1:44 PM, "reflect ocean" <reflect.ocean at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there.I run a medium-sized wifi network.We are cisco shop
> (autonommous access points).Recently wifi users number have reached
> limits we didn't expect.Because of that,we had to adjust our subnet
> network in order to support more users associated to the only SSID our
> wireless network use.We try to keep configuration simple so creating
> another ssid wouldn't be the best choice at the moment.
> I've been looking for alternative to create another ssid and associate
> it to another different subnet but I can't find any related to.

You can grow the subnet or add another.

If you want, you can create a second wlan with the same ssid and security
settings as the first, assign it to a different vlan (and therefore subnet)
and deploy that ssid profile to half the Aps.
Of course you break mobility.

Or just make it a larger subnet. Depending on how your addressing is
configured today, you might even be able to avoid booting everybody.
-porkchop

--
Michael Kaegler, TESSCO Technologies: Engineering, 410 229 1295
Your wireless success, nothing less. http://www.tessco.com/