[c-nsp] ebgp load balancing using maxiumu-paths TCAM impact onSup720-3BXL?

Kevin Loch kloch at kl.net
Thu May 21 10:47:00 EDT 2009

I am doing 8 parallel full tables to the same provider on an rsp720
with no issues.  You can barely do 6 full tables on a sup720-3bxl.
The limitation is processor memory not tcam.

Here is what 6 looks like with 12.2SXF16:

                 Head    Total(b)     Used(b)     Free(b)   Lowest(b)
Largest(b)
Processor   44B0D4B0   927902544   815304080   112598464    88132216
77785200

              FIB TCAM usage:                     Total        Used
   %Used
                   72 bits (IPv4, MPLS, EoM)     524288      281823
     54%

As you can see memory is very tight with 6 parallel full tables
but tcam usage is normal. I would not expect any problems with 2
however.

- Kevin