[c-nsp] How to improve C3750G switch uplink speed?

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at hotblack.net
Fri May 22 07:35:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I find that using

spanning-tree uplinkfast

is best-suited for uplink ports.

If all your equipment supports it, I strongly suggest using Rapid Per-VLAN
spanning tree:

spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst

Which will reduce your convergence time dramatically.

I've found standarizing on portfast for PC/server connections is always a
good idea - enabling bpduguard will prevent any device that participate in
the spanning tree to talk to the network, reducing the risk of having ports
in the wild where users *might* create a network loop.  Just make sure you
enable an automatic recovery for the port (errdisable recovery) or else this
may require you to manually intervene to restore connectivity.

Good luck,
Tristan