[c-nsp] General performance based routing question?

Brad Hedlund brhedlun at cisco.com
Fri May 22 12:54:36 EDT 2009

On 5/22/09 4:51 AM, "Tassos Chatzithomaoglou" <achatz at forthnet.gr> wrote:

> I believe there are 2 major drawbacks in PfR:
>
> 1) traffic-classes/prefixes are limited (5000), so you cannot use it in a ISP
> environment
> (i don't know if using multiple MCs can increase that number)
> 2) not-basic cli config is quite complex (PfR manager from Fluke seems to
> solve that one)

1) With a 7200-NPE-G2 as a dedicated Master Controller you can manage 20K
prefixes.  Managed prefixes can be dynamically learned and always changing
based on activity, or statically defined.

2) I definitely agree with that.  PfR is not just one or two commands and
your done.  It has a lot of nerd knobs.

Cheers,

Brad Hedlund
bhedlund at cisco.com