[c-nsp] 7600 SRC, layer 2 switched traffic and netflow

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Sat May 23 16:13:19 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to the following:

I have netflow enabled and working on a 7600 running SRC, configured as
follows:

mls flow ip interface-full

ip flow ingress layer2-switched vlan 137,190,282,500,1240,2750

ip flow-export source Vlan2750

ip flow-export version 5 origin-as bgp-nexthop

ip flow-export destination xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2055

Then the relevant ip flow ingress and ip flow egress on the various
interfaces.

I'm looking at my netflow stats and all works fine if the traffic is
routed.  However, if the flow comes in on an interface (be it an SVI or
a routed interface), and then gets switched to an SVI, the destination
network in the flow is always recorded as 0.0.0.0/0

For example:

Flow comes in on G3/6 from 10.0.0.1, its destined for 172.16.3.4

Vlan 1240 is configured with

IP Address 172.16.3.1/24

When I examine the netflow data, I can see traffic sourced from
10.0.0.1, I can see egress traffic on the SVI, the whole trip, but the
destination network always shows up as 0.0.0.0/0

Any ideas?

Andrew