[c-nsp] Resolved: ASA5510 8.0(4) issue with DHCP RELAY (aka dhcprelay regression on latest pix 515 firmware)

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at cisco.com
Mon May 25 14:54:25 EDT 2009

(even though at first I thought I just produced a pure noise by trying to
solve a not-anymore-an-issue, looks like I will make a second attempt
writing something :-)

>From the looks at the bug, it would apply for the scenario of sending the
unicast DHCPREQUEST (because that one previously was simply flying through
the box being the UDP traffic, so no binding was created and the ACK was
being denied). The broadcast DHCPREQUESTs (that I saw in your pcap)
should have been processed even before, so I think everything I mentioned
in the original reply would still hold.

kind regards,
andrew